Open House celebrating 90 years of farming!
Date: June 13, 2017 - June 13, 2017
Location: Pasture Dairy Center – Entrance on North 39th St., One block west of the intersection at North 40thSt. and East B Ave.
The Farm was deeded to MSU by W.K. Kellogg with the intention that it would “operate under the most modern system of farm management” We will celebrate farming technology by showcasing the most modern tractor of each decade from steam engines to computer systems, robots and drones. Celebrate farming by marveling at changing technologies, taking a wagon ride and learn about Michigan’s agricultural landscapes while enjoying MSU Dairy Store ice cream.Wagon tours depart hourly. See you on the farm!
This is a Sparten Green Event and we are Commited to:
- Utilizing energy-efficient spaces
- Sourcing sustainably produced, local or seasonal food
- Reducing the amount of packaging and food waste sent to the landfill
- Promoting environmentally friendly modes of transportation
- Encouraging sustainable behaviors within the MSU community